Monday, December 17, 2007

Warm Bacon Cheese Spread

1 round loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
12 ounces sour cream
8 ounces shredded chedder cheese
1 and 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
3/4 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup chopped green onions
Assorted crackers
Cut the top fourth off of the loaf of bread; carefully hollowout the bottom, leaving a 1-inch shell. Cut the removed bread and top of loaf into cubes; set aside.In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese, and Worcestershire sause until combined; stir in bacon and onions. Spoon into bread shell. Wrap in a piece of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with crackers and reserved bread cubes.

Notes: I bought pre-cooked bacon, nuked it, and crumbled it - very easy. I also baked it for about 15 minutes longer - but that probably depends on your oven.Enjoy!
Recipe Submitted by: http://drivingwiththebrakeson.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Cheffie-Mom said...

Sounds AMAZING!! Sorry I have not been blogging lately! I have been taping shows. What was I thinking?? Hah! Maybe it is a good thing I wasn't thinking! If you get a minute, check it out. I'd love to hear what you think. I am inviting all my blog friends over for feedback. http://www.dishingwithdebbie.com Your recipes are great and my whole idea behind this show is for other moms to share real stories like you do. Sponsors are donating neat prizes like chocolate baskets and mini-chef aprons and way cool cookery stuff. Anyway, I'd love to hear from you.